Tuesday, June 16, 2020
After thorough and thoughtful consideration, Love Swimming is resuming with modified programming.
- We will have 15 minute breaks between classes to ensure everyone has time to enter and time to leave with safe social distance. This also means that lesson times will be exact (we will not utilize the 5-minutes-ahead time as we did before.)
- Because of the 15 minute breaks, our schedule and classes will not be the same as they once were. After you read the important information below, please click on the green register now button in the top right corner of this page to fill out the registration form. Please allow extended time for a response due to high demand and low capacity due to CDC guidelines.
- In accordance with current state/local requirements, USA Swimming guidelines, and with the help of numerous healthcare professionals, our staff has established initial scheduling and safety expectations for our return to the pool. We have been advised to take a conservative approach to resuming swimming activities. We also understand that not all families currently feel comfortable returning to swim lessons just yet, while many are ready and eager to start at this time. While your participation is welcome, we understand and support your decision. We envision this to be a multi-phase process as we introduce our members back to the pool.
The plan we are sharing today will be Phase 1 of our re-entry procedures. We will not yet put a timeline on when we will proceed to Phase 2. Instead, we will evaluate the safety and effectiveness of Phase 1 and use this information to develop Phase 2. It must be emphasized that there will be no exceptions made during Phase 1.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
COVID19 Policies & Procedures (Phase I) Love Swimming Swim School:
The front door and gate will be fully open (regardless of temperature or weather), allowing for maximum air circulation. We expect everyone in the Love Swimming family to practice social distancing both at and away from the pool. By doing this, it shows that you respect your child’s classmates, their families, and the Love Swimming staff. Our staff also reserves the right to discontinue practices at any time should they feel safety expectations are not being met, or any swimmer or staff member becomes ill.
It has been determined by the CDC that COVID-19 is not transmissible through properly treated water. “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.” (CDC SOURCE) In an effort to ensure safety, Love Swimming will be testing its chlorination levels multiple times a day to maintain proper sanitization levels. Should levels ever fall outside recommended levels, Love Swimming will cancel all classes until those levels are corrected. The average humidity in the pool area is 95%, also known to kill the virus. Additionally, Love Swimming is going to take extra measures to clean and sanitize bathrooms and potentially touched surfaces throughout each lesson. In addition to the extra precautions expected to be taken by both the swim staff and facility, we are going to ask these measures be taken on behalf of Love Swimming members:
- Entering and exiting procedures will be monitored closely. Please arrive for your designated lesson time slot no earlier than 5 minutes before the lesson. No socializing before or after classes.
○ Entrance and check-in will be through the gate and at the front desk.
○ Exit of the facility will be the door closest to the bathrooms.
○ Families dropping off swimmers and waiting in the car for the lesson to finish should ensure that the swimmer is admitted to the facility before exiting the facility.
- Arrive already dressed so that restrooms can remain for absolute necessity ONLY. No congregating, changing, or showering in the restrooms.
○ This means swimsuits already on. Swimmers must arrive and leave in the same attire. Absolutely no changing at the facility.
- Swimmers must wash their hands with disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds) or use a hand sanitizer before going into the pool.
- Avoid touching doors, seats/bleachers, or other equipment when possible.
- Coaches will sanitize door knobs, handles, and other touched surfaces every 2 hours during active use, before the start of activities, and at the end of each lesson.
- To reduce exposure in the facility, only one parent of a student may be in the building at a time, while adhering to the 6 ft. distance recommendations.
- No physical contact with others (shaking hands, high fives, hugs) unless you reside in the same household.
- Each family is expected to provide their own hydration/nutrition during their time in the facility. The cooler will not be in use, and we will not have snacks/drinks available for purchase. Please be prepared and pack extra in case of emergencies.
- Masks, or face coverings, are required for everyone (5 years old+) entering the facility and when not in the water.
- Classes will be staggered to allow one group to enter and exit the facility at a time, in order to avoid large groups at the entrance/exit.
- Coaches will conduct non-contact temperature scans of each student arriving at the facility. Any person with a temperature above 100.6 will not be permitted inside the facility.
- Students, coaches, and members must see a physician and be cleared for recreational activity after being diagnosed or suspected to have COVID19.
- If you are feeling ill, have a cough or fever, and have not been seen by a medical professional, you are asked to stay home until you have either been seen & tested, or quarantined for 14 days.
- If anyone has any exposure to COVID19, they are expected to report that exposure immediately to a coach, staff member, or manager and remain home, in quarantine, for the recommended 14-day period. Staff, students, or members should not attend if they or anyone with whom they reside are:
○ Exhibiting symptoms of COVID19: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
○ Have been in contact with someone who has been tested positive for COVID19 in the last 14 days
○ Are a vulnerable individual: a person with underlying conditions or considered to be at a higher risk demographic as outlined by jurisdictional, state, or federal guidelines.
We look forward to providing a safe and happy environment through all of this within government restrictions, and in the event anything changes, we will let you know as quickly as possible!
If you signed up to come to a lesson, attendance is encouraged as much as possible so that we can avoid having space in groups where others could have been placed. However, your participation is voluntary and if you feel uncomfortable in any way, at any time, please communicate your concerns directly to a coach as soon as possible. It is a very time-consuming process, so please commit to your assigned spot and reach out if you have any issues!
We want to maintain a safe environment, and we cannot make any exceptions when safety is at risk. Cooperation and teamwork is CRITICAL to our success! Our coaching staff will also be reiterating these policies before entering the pool.
Thank you for your time and we cannot wait to see everyone and watch them all give air hugs from 6ft away!
We are working hard to get everyone back in the water as soon and as safely as we can. Thank you for your patience, support, and cooperation as we transition back to swim lessons.
Please email us days and time frames that work for your schedule so that we can get you back in class. We will do our very best to accommodate you! Please allow 72 hours for us to respond.